Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Grandpa

Thank you all for your thoughts and prayers for my grandpa. He lost his battle with Alzheimer's last night and passed away. We are grateful that he is no longer suffering but of course are very sad at the loss of such an amazing man. I am so grateful that Charlee was able to meet him before he passed. My dad wrote this e-mail and I think that is sums everything up perfectly. Thanks again for your thoughts!


I want to let you know the Cedric (Big Andy) passed away quietly last night at 8:45pm. After suffering the last few years with dementia it was a blessing he passed away still being able to recognize his children and knowing that he was loved. Dad was a good man, he loved life, and his family and friends. I know he will be missed by all and we can take comfort knowing that he is in a better place. I am sure our Mom was there to greet him and they can start the next journey together.

We are following Andy’s wishes and he will be cremated, we will have a close family service later this summer in Flagstaff where he will be buried next to Jean.

I know Andy would want all of you to love you families, enjoy each day, smile and make others smile and when you think of it look to the heavens and say “HI”.

Love,

Charlie Andrews & Family & Debbie Schnurle & Family

1 comment:

Katie said...

what a beautiful letter from your dad.... perfectly put.

love you guys and praying for you.